Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Chewy Bars
- 3 cups of gluten free rolled oats (I used Bob Red Mill’s)
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. of peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- Start by combining the rolled oats with honey, walnuts, and vanilla.
- Melt the peanut butter and coconut oil over low heat until melted.
- Add the coconut oil mixture to the bowl with the oats.
- Stir in the chocolate chip.
- On a parchment lined freezer safe baking sheet, scoop all of the mixture onto the pan and flatten. (You want these to be at least 1 inch thick so they do not fall apart.)
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes, and then cut into 10 large granola bars.
- Store in the freezer so that the bars will hold their shape.