I decided to put my apron on and get into the kitchen to play around with some of my favorite grain free flours, and coconut flour did the trick for this recipe.
These muffins are no where near the usual dry and crumbly texture you would typically get from using a gluten free flour, and they are absolutely bursting with berries in every bite…Pretty much the perfect muffin.
If you love blueberries as much as I do than this is the recipe for you. It only takes a handful of ingredients and only about 10 minutes to throw together.
Add these beauties to your Sunday meal prep list, I promise they won’t disappoint!
Have a great Thursday!
Grain Free Blueberry Muffins
Makes: 6 large muffins
- 1/2 cup of sifted coconut flour
- 6 organic pasture raised eggs
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a muffin tin with coconut oil. (I did not use muffin liners, as the muffins tend to stick, so just oil the tins liberally)
2. Add the coconut flour, sea salt, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl, and stir to combine.
3. In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, pure maple syrup, and pure vanilla extract. Add this to the dry ingredients, and stir until combined.
4. Pour the batter filling 6 muffin tins halfway, and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown.
5. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan.
6. Dig in, and enjoy!