Are you guys ready to hear a secret about beating bloat? What if I told you that certain foods can actually beat bloat for good, and even help to flatten your belly? I mean let’s be honest, bloating is super uncomfortable, and downright annoying.
I am here to tell you my number 1 favorite food to beat bloat! Simply try adding this to your smoothies, enjoying it in salads, or make my delicious 5 minute guacamole recipe.
Are you ready for the secret?…Cilantro is my number 1 favorite food to beat the bloat!
Research has shown that the oils found in this delicious herb, like linalool and geranyl acetate work like over-the-counter meds to relax digestive muscles and alleviate an “overactive” gut. I love using cilantro as a natural way to treat stomach distress because not only does it taste delicious, but it is free of harmful additives often found in over the counter gas busting meds.
Next time you feel bloated try some cilantro before reaching for the bottle of Pepto.
Cilantro is not only amazing for reducing abdominal pressure it is also a pretty fantastic superfood.
- Cilantro is naturally detoxifying
- Cilantro contains powerful antioxidants
- Cilantro may even help to reduce anxiety!
To fight off bloat try swapping out the table salt for cilantro to add a nice flavor to your dish, and fight off digestive discomfort.
Stick around to learn all about how to improve your digestive health for the next 2 weeks, and keep an eye out for the release of my new book called Happy Belly Smoothies!
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of ½ of a lime
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- Handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- Sea Salt & pepper to taste
- Start by rinsing your cilantro, and then finely chopping the onion and cilantro, and place in a mixing bowl.
- Next cut, peel, and pit the avocados and add to the bowl.
- Next, juice the lime by cutting it in half, and squeezing the juice into the bowl.
- Add in a little salt and pepper and mash!
- Super easy 5 minute guacamole to use as a veggie dip or with gluten free pitas!
Rebecca Jacobs NC Holistic Balance Nutrition